Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Using wildcards to search - 12.1

Created: 09 Feb 2012 • Updated: 09 Feb 2012 | 5 comments
Brɨan's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

With 11.x when searching the Computer Status logs, I used search string of *servers* to report on all my server groups. Worked fine.

I cannot get this to work in 12.1 now. Has something changed with the way wildcards are read?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

AravindKM's picture

Try percent (%) symbol insted of *

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : ) Thanks & Regards Aravind

SOLUTION
Brɨan's picture

When I add a % and hit View Log, nothing comes up. When I click back, a * shows up instead of the % so it must be the same thing.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

Brɨan's picture

So I entered %servers% and got what I needed but when I hit back, the syntax shows *servers*

So it works....until I hit back I need to retype %servers% again becaue it puts it at *servers*

Weird, but I can manage I guess

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

AravindKM's picture

This is a known issue

Using wildcard * with characters does not return results

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : ) Thanks & Regards Aravind

gilbert08's picture

Correct its ncluded in limitation.