Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Created: 08 Dec 2013 • Updated: 09 Dec 2013 | 2 comments

Hi

I'm getting an annoy error when backing up the file server.

The situaion is that i backup the whole disks on file server, sometimes when an user remove the access of backup account to a file, it will cause the backup job failed.

The error message is as below:

V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied.

Access denied to file _Detail Design Projects\A13-48000\90-Serie\Manual\Supplier Documentation\ROCKWOOL\Technical_Guidelines_2012_web.pdf.
The item \\CN-ZHA01-FS04.hsle.local\_Project Data exchange Schiedam-Fuijan\_Detail Design Projects\A13-48000\90-Serie\Manual\Supplier Documentation\ROCKWOOL\Technical_Guidelines_2012_web.pdf in use - skipped.

I'd like to know how to make the job still successful even user changed the permission of a file, because we never know the access to which file will be changed.

Otherwise it would be very annoying when the access to a file is denied.

Operating Systems:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Make sure that the BESA has the following rights

Requirements for the Backup Exec Service Account (BESA).

If the BESA is a domain admin as well as a backup operator, it should have access to any file, regardless of the permission.

Also, make sure that you have enabled AOF to backup opened file.

MusSeth's picture

make sure permissions inheritted from parent is selected in windows on top level folder

(include inheritable permissions from this object parents)

if user denies or removes the account from permission (security tab) with this option enabled permissions will be forced on the files and there shoulnt be any issue with backup

hope this resolves the issue