VDI Desktops & SEP-12
I’m still researching AV solutions for VDI environments and I was hoping to find anyone who can share their experiences with using all the suggested VDI practices with SEP?
- How does SEP-12 identify non-persistent VDI desktops?
- How does SEP-12 keep track of erased or image refreshed VDI desktops?
- How much HTTP-SSL traffic is being generated when you have several thousand VDI desktops when they connect back to their Insight Cache Server?
- Is the Client to Insight Cache server a persistent connection while performing full scans?
- How does SEP-12 handle clients that have stopped receiving their updates?
- If a persistent client has been offline for several months is suddenly turned on, will SEP-12 fight to updates itself while the OS is getting its own vendor patches?
- How resource intensive is SEP-12 compared to SEP-11 when it performs an active, auto and full scans?
- If one or more VDI desktops have become infected, will SEP-12 isolate those VDIs from communicating with non-infected desktops?
- Will Symantec offer a non-client AV solution for VDI in the near future?
After reading all the best practices I still have one nagging thought. At the end of the day, you're still using the same hammer but trying to swing it differently.