Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Verify Failed - V-79-57344-33037 - Error - Mount failed.

Created: 01 Nov 2012 | 1 comment
I'm having issues with Verify's failing and I cannot figure out what is causing it.

Here is the situation.

When I came onto the company, they had a non-default Dedupe folder name. I had an issue where my jobs going to the dedupe pool wouldn't go at all, so I called support, I was walked through removing and re-adding the dedupe pool. The rep didn't notice (and nor had I) that our folder was non-default named, so it wrote all new data to a different folder. I had tried to catologue the data after that, it crashed my BE engine and required a reboot every time.

So at that point: 2 large dedupe folders

This is where the "The job failed with the following error: Physical Volume Library Media not found." error started coming in.

I called into support again a while after where I was told to delete the old deduplication folder, and it would clear out the errors, so we cleared the old one out, but I am still having Physical Volume Library Media not found. 
Has anyone else encountered an issue similar to this?

I'm currently trying to inventory and catologue the deduplication disk again, as a first step in resolving this.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 11:16:43 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

Errors
V-79-57344-33037 - Error - Mount failed.

Physical Volume Library Media not found.

V-79-57344-33037 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media

Please let me know if there is any more data or information you need please.

-Justin

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

0bvi0us's picture

The catalog ran for 1.5 hours and eventually crashed the BE Engine, server reboot was required.