Veritas Cluster - Steps for a beginner..
I'm new to Veritas as well as to this forum.
I was playing around with Veritas SF 5.0 but not able to finish the clustering part.
here is the description.
have installed Veritas Storage Foundation with Cluster with 2 nodes.
Basic clustering (IP failure) is happening - so thought about going to the next step , that is sharing of disks.
and i'm having some trouble there.
What i did
1. Allocated a 10 Gb disk from the SAN - Both systems can see the disk
2. On System A - created diskgroup and created volume inside it (no entry in vfstab but did an mkfs )
3. On System A - Created a cluster group by adding both System A and System B in Systemlist.
4. On System A - Created a rsource group for disk group
5. On System A - Created a resource group for mount
6. On System A - modified the mount resource by adding above created volume.
7. On System A - modified the mount resource by adding FsckOpt %-y
8. On System A - enabled the resouces
But when i make the group online , on System B it is going to faulty state complaining about the mount_resource
Am i taking correct steps ?
thanks in advance ..