Virtual media server NBUhangs when used for backups
I have an environment with:
- Phisycal Master Server running Win2K8 R2 SP1 (lets name it MasterServer01);
- Virtual Media Server running Win2K8 R2 SP1 on a ESX Cluster running Vmware 5.0 U1 (lets name it MediaServer01);
- Netbackup master and media server Version is 126.96.36.199;
- Dell DR4000 OST appliance;
- OST plugin is installed on both master and media server;
- Storage Server, disk pool and storage unit (STU01) are properly configured;
- No tape library configured on this solution;
- Vcenter credentials are configured and backup hosts set.
- Using vmware policy for backups.
I´ve set STU01 (Open Storage) to use MediaServer01 as the media server. Backup operation appeared to start and run as it should be using vmware agent (could see a great throughput of 85MB/s on job details). However the vm MediaServer01 (entire vm) shuts down at the end of the backup.
An interesting point is that the virtual disk becomes unavailable after shutdown. Have to reattach it to the vm MediaServer01 and turn it on again.
Tried both, hotadd and nbd transports, with the same results.
Note: When setting the STU01 to use MasterServer01 as the media server, backups of vms runs succesfully.
Does anybody here have any suggestion to solve this strange problem?