To Virtual Partiton - Failed
I am working with Ghost Solutions Sute 2.x. Trying to image a client system automatically throught the Ghost Console using a TASK. Client is Windows XP SP3 - Server is on Win2K3 with XP2
Clients onboard NIC is a Marvell Yukon Gigabit (supports PXE) - and the client has an additional 4 port Adaptec PCI NIC installed (Does Not Support PXE).
I am tring to execute a task to creat an image of a model client machine, however it failes to do so. I can manually boot to a Ghost Cd and creat an image, but cannot do it through the Ghost Console like i want it to. Heres what i have done, and the results i get..
1. Using the Ghost console i have setup a task to create an image.
2. Execute the task - the task log on the bottom of the console stays task has started
3. After about 30-60 seconds the task ends with a status of "FAILED"
4. Double clicking the task brings up the Event log. The event log says step 1 "Updating PreOS Files" completed successfuly. But step 2 "To Virtual Partition" has FAILED
5. Double click "To Virtual Partition" in the event log brings up the task details. This is the information in the event details window
"Details for: To Virtual Partition
A Genreal exception occured causing the operation to fail:
A disk error occured
Access is Denied
Generated at ..\DiskDriveAccessNT.cpp:150
Thread #3232 call stack
(then some memory references too long to post correctly online)"
I know the problem is ovbiously an Access is denied/permission problem. The question is WHERE.. What is the system attempting to do at this point? I suspect it is trying to reboot the system and go into the PreOS environment.
Under what user context / permission is this software trying to reboot the client computer? Is it using the "SYSTEM" account, or maybe the "SERVICE" account? Or is there a special account that i dont know about for this particular task within Ghost?
Is it possiable the permission on the C: drive of the client machine? What access does Ghost need to have to my clients C: drive in order to perform the image create task? (It does copy files to the \Incomming directory during the 1st step of Updating PreOs files so i dont think that the client C: permissions are to blame....)
I have tried using all three Pre OS environments for my client machine (under the Machine Groups\ClientName properties tab). I have also tried using different Network Settings under the same tab)
We have just purchased this software, and ihave been working on this for a week solid - and im stuck on this step...
Can anyone shead some light on this issue? What else can i try???????