Virus cleanup exercise
ANyone have ideas as to what goes into doing a virus cleanup exercise besides the following:
1) Updated virus def's
2) SEP 12.1RU1Mp1 client installed
3) Policies reviewed and updated
4) IPS and SONAR enabled with SIC
5) Admin defined scans - daily for a week?
Hello, Make sure to review
Make sure to review some of the Symantec Best Practices:
Also, tighten up security on the SEP client. Out of the box settings do not cut it:
Also, Check this Thread: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/why-endpoint-security-not-catching-most-malware
1) Make sure ALL Computers are installed with Symantec EP with latest / updated with virus defintions.
2) Install ALL Latest Microsoft Secuirty Patches / Sevice Packs on ALL machines.
3) Make sure all the client machines are using the Latest Vendor Patches installed.
3) Disable Auto play with GPO
4) Scan ALL the machines...
Hope that helps!!