Video Screencast Help

VMware Agents or Vray

Created: 20 Sep 2013 | 3 comments

Hi

Quick question for advice. We currently have BE 2012 with a few windows agents 2 SQL agents and 1 exchange Agent.

We have moved to VMware and virtualised 90% of the servers.

We currently have 2 VMware hosts (dual socket) and 1 Vcentre host.

Our license maintenance was recently renewed (prior to going VM)

My question is should we get 2 VMware agents and add to the xisting ones we have, or buy VRay edition for 4 sockets?

obviously there is a huge price difference between the 2 options, but are there any technical reasons why we should use 1 rather than the other?

Many thanks

Olly

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Jaydeep S's picture

Olly, V-RAY is a licencing bundle offered for someone who has a fully Virtualised enviornment. Going by what you have posted it should be the ideal choice for you as 90% of your enviornment is virtualized. For the remainder of 10% Servers that are physical, if you decide to include in the backup, you could purchase seperate licences for them

Call Symantec Licencing and check what could be the easier way to move to V-RAY for you as they are the best to answer.

ollyp's picture

Many thanks jaydeep.

Seeing as VRay is a bundle and we recently renewed our maintenance, do Symantec run an exchange option?

thanks

Oliver

Jaydeep S's picture

I am not sure of any Licencing offers. It is best if you contact the Licencing team directly. Use this link for the phone numbers.

http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp