VMWare Plugin shows 0 protected
Hello and thank you in advance for any assistance provided.
Regarding the Symantec Plugin for VMware, I am currently able to login to the media server via the vSphere agent, but no backups show and zero VMs show up as protected. I have read countless web articles regarding setup and configuration, but must be missing something. Here is what I have done so far.
- Installed the plugin on the vSphere server, Backup Exec 2012 server, and local workstation
- Registered the Plugin on the vSphere server however I was uncertain of what "Username" to use. Used a domain admin account
- Ensured that the Logon account I use in BackupExec to run the VM jobs is an Administrator within vSphere
- Attempted to connect to vSphere using the netbios name and IP address. In Backup exec, I use the Netbios name to connect to the vSphere server
- Attempted to launch the vSphere client with the Logon account used to run VM backups
- Within the Symantec Plugin tab in vsphere, connected to the media server using FQDN, netbios, and IP. Used the System logon account and personal account
- Ensured I am running version 2.1 of the Plugin
At this point, I'm not sure what I could be missing. Any assistance is appreciated!