Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

VxVM VVR vradmin INFO V-5-52-1205

Created: 15 Nov 2012 • Updated: 16 Nov 2012 | 3 comments
Zahid.Haseeb's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Environment

OS = rhel 6.2

SF/VXVM = 6.0

Query

My replication status is showing 100% fit at primary node but at Secondary its showing a different output. Below is a snapshot of Secondary Site Node.

I have found the below TN but only understand that I need to start the vradmind service on Primary Node. I know that the Replication is consistent at Secondary but dont know what I should do. Any response will be appriciated.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87318

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

mikebounds's picture

vradmin is a management tool that connects to vradmind to get information.  As vradmin is only a management tool, then VVR can continue without it and you can still get information using vxpint and vxrlink.  You seem to have an issue where the 2 vradmind daemons cannot communicate so if you restart one or both of them, then the communcation will hopefully be restored, unless there is some config or network issue.  It is better to restart all the VVR daemons as in http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH87318, however the easiest way to restart all the daemons is to use vxstart_vvr stop, followed by vxstart_vvr start (I THINK this command is in /sbin)

Mike

UK Symantec Consultant in VCS, GCO, SF, VVR, VxAT on Solaris, AIX, HP-ux, Linux & Windows

If this post has answered your question then please click on "Mark as solution" link below

SOLUTION
Zahid.Haseeb's picture

Thanks Mike for your kind input. Let me see it and will share the result.

Any comment will be appreciated. Mark as Solution if your query is resolved

zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com

Zahid.Haseeb's picture

Thanks Mark. I restarted my Secondary system and problem is resolved. Marking you post as solution :)

Any comment will be appreciated. Mark as Solution if your query is resolved

zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com