Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Want to write script to determine if SEP 11/12 is installed on remote system

Created: 17 Jan 2014 • Updated: 26 Feb 2014 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I would like to write script to determine if SEP (11 OR 12) is installed on a remote system (i.e. 32bit, 64bit, Windows XP, 7, 2003, 2008, etc)

So far I found this, https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/batch-script-check-and-install-application-package, but I cannot find the product key that corresponds to various versions of SEP.

When I go to the registry of my workstation, I cannot find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{4ECF4BDC-8387-329A-ABE9-CF5798F84BB2}
even though SEP 12 is installed on my workstation

Or, is there a path and executable to search for that is common to both SEP 11 and SEP 12 regardless of hardware platform and operating system?

Operating Systems:

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Try looking under

HKEY_LM\Software\Symantec\InstalledApps

SAVCE key shows the install path

Or check the 32 bit location

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B53661DC-CD94-B15F-D9DDCFF72558

I believe it will show here as opposed to 64 bit location (Wow6432Node)

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SOLUTION
Rafeeq's picture

Enable unmanged detector whatever it shows meaning there is no sep

alternatively

Monitors -> Logs -> Computer status report -> Then export the file into Excel.  Column Creation Time will tell you when SEP 11 client was installed.

wil  show you when SEP was   installed on other machines

worth checking

Check the instaal date key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{76B2BC31-2D96-4170-9C44-09E13B5555F3}

TORB's picture

Check out.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\SMC\ProductVersion

RSASKA's picture

I will try these out very soon

The Enemy's greatest fear is that you'll discover who you really are, what you're really worth, and where you're headed.

.Brian's picture

Any success with a working script?

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

RSASKA's picture

We are still doing this ....

The Enemy's greatest fear is that you'll discover who you really are, what you're really worth, and where you're headed.