View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Web Gateway 8450

Migration User

Migration UserJul 21, 2011 07:14 AM

• 1.  Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 15, 2011 10:35 AM

Hi,

When i try to upgrade the software for the SWG, the progress bar comes and then nothing happens. I have waited for hours but no reaction. Further i tried to Reboot the box but it says system, activity in progress so can't be done.

Any help???

Renin

• 2.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 15, 2011 11:43 AM

using your serial number at fileconnect.symantec.com you should be able to download the ISO to load the new version manually/freshly.

• 3.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 15, 2011 11:56 AM

I would say reimaging with the iso is probably overreacting here as you'd lose all of your settings and need to reconfigure everything.  I think you are probably best off to try to fix the problem.  My suggestion would be to try to access the command line of the Web Gateway via a keyboard and monitor.  You can log in with the credentials user 'admin' password 'admin1!'.  Once logged in you can force a restart via the command line(use option 10 then option 1 to restart).  Once restarted I'd try to log into the interface again and kick the update off again if possible.  If that doesn't work out I'd suggest ringing into Support who can help troubleshoot.

Cheers,

Kevin

• 4.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 15, 2011 06:22 PM

i've seen this happening when the connection to the threat center/internet is not working properly.

• 5.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 16, 2011 02:22 PM

Thnaks Kevin,

I would be tryign this on Monday and will let you know if it happened. Fingers crossed.

• 6.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 16, 2011 02:24 PM

Hi Mark,

Connectivity to the threat center works smoot. Infact when it is in the hung state it send me notification of any infection detected.

• 7.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 20, 2011 05:48 AM

Hi Kevin,

In GUI, i am not able to Reboot the box. When i click reboot i get the message

"System reboot is temporarily disabled while a system change is in progress. Please try again in a few minutes."

Its been 4 days now that I have tried and no result.

• 8.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 20, 2011 06:05 AM

Hi Renin,

So when you click the button to test connectivity to the Threat Center then you get a message back saying you connected sucessfully?  Also are you still not able to reboot the box even though you've already rebooted via the command line using the instructions I gave?  Agreed with Marko I've seen this behaviour when access to the Threatcenter doesn't seem to be working.  The other thing you could try is temporarily turning updates off from the Update page, then try to reboot from the interrface.  If you can't reboot from the interface try rebooting from the command line again and after rebooting test again from the interface.  Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Kevin

• 9.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 20, 2011 08:12 AM

Hi Kevin,

The applicnace is not letting me do a ssh or telnet to it. It is refusing my connection

• 10.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 20, 2011 08:44 AM

Correct, you'll need to physically attach a monitor and keyboard and follow the instructions I mentioned.

Kevin

• 11.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 21, 2011 07:12 AM

Damn, the appliance is in a different location to whereI sit.  Will have to figure a way out.

• 12.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 21, 2011 07:14 AM

What are the chances of hard booting it directly?

• 13.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 25, 2011 05:29 AM

Hi Team,

It is remotely not possible to get the box to update. What are the consequence of power off and Switching on teh box?

Can it be done?

• 14.  RE: Web Gateway 8450

Posted Jul 27, 2011 08:27 AM

Hi,

I'd suggest you open a case with Support to have that host checked and eventually the box can be rebooted remotely via Remote Assistance.

Thanks,

Federico