File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted May 27, 2011 10:25 AM

1).  I am currently using PGP 10.1.1 (Win 7, x64) and noticed some forum hits for PGP 10.1.2, but no updates are available to 10.1.2 in my LEMS.  Where can I get 10.1.2?  

2).  Currently, I aThuis far, I ran Windows update repair tool and have done everything suggested via MS tools/work-arounds.   I considered running the Windows (Setup) Repair which will attempt to fix problems related to the boot record (MBR files), but think that this could have devastating effects. 

Pls help.  thx in advance.

• 2.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted May 27, 2011 12:04 PM

LEMS has been replaced.

• 3.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates
    Best Answer

Posted May 27, 2011 06:26 PM

PGP Desktop 10.1.2 (general release) is available via fileconnect:

https://fileconnect.symantec.com/

If you are looking for PGP Desktop 10.1.2 Service Pack 2 (to resolve the Sandy Bridge chipset/WDE issue) you have to request access to the download via our PDC portal by submitting an online case:

https://mysupport.symantec.com

Ben

• 4.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted May 29, 2011 05:43 PM

Thanks for the download link to 10.1.2 and it installed without a problem.

For the Windows 7 update problems, I downloaded the hotfix "KB947821" from Microsoft and all updates installed successfully thereafter.  

• 5.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted Jun 02, 2011 01:45 PM

That site doessn't appear to do you any good if all you have is "Upgrade Assurance".

• 6.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted Jun 04, 2011 12:18 PM

Actually, several of the newer Windows 7 updates won't install.   So the problem is re-occurring.   

I ran the SFC in Windows and it went through all 100% of file checking, and also ran evey possible fix for update installation error codes but can not successfully complete updates.   Is there anything going on with the MBR that an update (e.g. SP1) needs to get at that PGP encrypts?   (I also have Norton AV/SW and ran Malwarebytes and SDD and there are no problems from that perspective). 

• 7.  RE: Where is PGP 10.1.2 (not in my LEMS), also problems with Windows 7 Updates

Posted Jun 04, 2011 12:29 PM

Can Windows 7 be repaired via setup.exe?   Please describe any limitations regarding repairing a Windows 7 installation when PGP 10.1.2 is installed -- that is, what would and would not be disastrous to do?  The Windows 7 update problems I am experiencing are suggesting reparing the Windows 7 install.