Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Which Virtual Composer template to use for Office project 2010?

Created: 08 Jul 2013 • Updated: 18 Jul 2013 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I need to capture Office Project Pro 2010 and I'm wondering which template has been used by others?

While searching for an answer, I have also began to wonder if there are any Composer templates available for download, other than those supplied with Symantec Virtual Composer 6.1 SP8?

Thanks 

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Balasubramanian Palaniappan's picture

Hi Lee,

We have templates for Office2010 (Both 32bit and 64bit) bundled with the Composer so you can use them while capturing Office2010 applications.

You can use the same template while capturing Project2010 also.

Template will just install VC2008 SP1 while streaming/importing the package.

Attached the new post installation scripts .Use the composer template and change the post installation script  alone.

Composer has templates for the Top10 applications so we don't have any other templates available for download.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Bala

AttachmentSize
Office2010 Script.zip 1.04 KB
SOLUTION
LeeMitchell's picture

Thanks for the reply Bala

I have VC2008 SP1 already installed in our base image anyway, so I guess I can just go with the default template?

Cheers for the info

Lee

Balasubramanian Palaniappan's picture

Hi Lee,

Post installation script is not necessary for packaging machine and it is required while streaming/importing the package in other client machines.So you need to add the script while creating the package.

Use the script which I have attached earlier.

Thanks,

Bala