Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  White Paper for Tips from upgrading from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Posted Apr 18, 2011 12:07 AM

I am now upgrading a Win2003 SBS server and clients from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Is there a good while paper or article for tips to make this upgrade go as smoothly as possible.  Is it best to completely uninstall SAV 10.2 from the Win2003 SBS server before beginning the install of the new product set or will the install of new products include a removal/upgrade of existing software.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: White Paper for Tips from upgrading from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Posted Apr 18, 2011 05:37 AM

Follow these documents

How to install Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition clients

Installing and configuring Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

once the above is completed follow these steps to install license

How to install a license in Symantec Protection Center Small Business Edition

• 3.  RE: White Paper for Tips from upgrading from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Apr 18, 2011 08:10 AM

Hello,

Please follow the Steps provided on the Page 56 of Implementation_Guide_SEPSBE12.0.pdf found in the ".....\Symantec_Endpoint_Protection_Small_Business_Edition_12_0_AllWin_EN\Documentation " directory.

Hope that helps.!!!!

• 4.  RE: White Paper for Tips from upgrading from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Posted Apr 25, 2011 11:23 AM

Do you mean SEP 12 RU1 (12.0.1001), or 12.1? The latter is only in beta at this time and I don't recommend widespread deployment, particularly as I have not seen any documentation for supported migration paths from SAV.

If you mean SEP 12 RU1 please see the following:

Migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition 12.0 RU1
    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH97511

sandra

• 5.  RE: White Paper for Tips from upgrading from SAV 10.2 to Endpoint Suite for SMB 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 26, 2011 02:48 AM

SEP 12.1 will be released officially this summer (still no official date)