File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 10 crashing after enabling PGP 10.3.2 MP12 in Dell E7270 Laptop

Posted Jul 04, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi

I am trying to install and configuring PGP WDE 10.3.2 MP12 in Dell E7270 Laptop loaded with Windows 10. After installation when I start encrypting hard drive OS freeze and crashes, and re-installation of OS is only option to bring the system up. We have tried and check below mentioned; but still problem remain same.

1 .Checked HDD is showing Fixed Disk

2. Checked BIOS version which is latest.

3. Change SATA operation to AHCI

Please help me to troubleshoot the same if anyboday face similar issue.

• 2.  RE: Windows 10 crashing after enabling PGP 10.3.2 MP12 in Dell E7270 Laptop

Posted Jul 05, 2016 01:57 PM

There might be a couple things to check.  Mp12 was flawed, and pulled from downloads, so you should try the latest version (10.4.0).  That would be the first thing to do.  After that, we may want to try disabling Secure Boot, and make sure the system has Hibernation and Fast Startup disabled.

Make sure Dell Data Protection is uninstalled, as it contains an encryption feature which could cause a conflict as well.

Lastly, check the drive model.  It may be a model which has hardware encryption capability, in which case this might be causing a conflict.  Please post the drive model here, and I can also take a look in our bug reports.  My gut feeling right now is that it is a Samsung PM 951, as that is what is issued with most Dells lately.  The OEM version may have a firmware problem (has not yet been determined at this time).  A replacement/aftermarket drive may work perfectly fine.  This is the only specific drive I have been seeing a lot of problems with lately.

• 3.  RE: Windows 10 crashing after enabling PGP 10.3.2 MP12 in Dell E7270 Laptop
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 11, 2016 07:19 AM

Finally I solve the problem by following the below mentioned steps;

1. Disable TPM from BIOS

2. Disable TPM from Windows 10. (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754524(v=ws.11).aspx)

3. Install PGP 10.3.2 MP13