Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 21, 2016 12:43 PM

Hi All,

I have an issue with Windows 10 and endpoint 12.1.6 MP4 I understand that the latest version 12.1.6.MP4 fixes issues when installing endpoint and I can confirm it does but what happens after the first reboot is where I am finding the problems - Programs crash - error pop ups etc. I have a support call open but so far no fix!

I just wanted to hear if anyone is running Windows 10 x64 bit - fully patched and also endpoint version 12.1.6. MP4 and having no problems?

Thanks  in advance

• 2.  RE: Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 21, 2016 12:46 PM

I've not seen anyone else report on this, aside from a prior thread of yours:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/werfaultexe-error-windows-10-after-installing-endpoint-protection

• 3.  RE: Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 21, 2016 01:06 PM

Thank you for your reply Brain, maybe what I should be asking is who is running Windows 10 and SEP 12.1.6. MP4?

If I do not install SEP Windows works as it should with no errors but as soon as SEP is installed that is when the errors start so I know (so does support) that there is an issue with SEP and Windows 10 - even their latest version.

I am just interested to hear if people are using Windows 10 and SEP 12.1.6. MP4 

• 4.  RE: Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:25 PM

I should also mention that the errors look like Windows errors but after testing SEP with Windows 10 from SEP version 12.1.6 MP1  to 12.1.6 MP4 I did the following:

• Install Windows 10 fresh on a clean device
    • Fully update Windows
    • Install each program that is need one by one IE Office / Adobe reader etc and after each install test windows for errors - non found and Windows running as it should

The problems start after installing SEP (SEP MP1 worked fine until the latest Windows update - SEP MP4 was released to fix the install error that is known) SEP MP4 installs as it should and updates but after the reboot that is when the errors start - they are Windows errors but if SEP is uninstalled Windows works as it should and I do not see the errors - install SEP again and the errors start again so there is an issue with Windows 10 and SEP, Symantec support have seen this in action!

So some users maybe having problems and think because they are Windows errors it is a problem with the OS but it seems that there is a compatibility issue with Windows 10 and SEP.

I will update once I know more

• 5.  RE: Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Jun 21, 2016 11:13 AM

We've got this problem now, too. New Windows 10 fully patched to June 2016. Install SEP 12.1.6.6867.6400 (the latest MP4) and Windows crashes on reboot.

Any updates on this issue?

• 6.  RE: Windows 10 - SEP 12.1.6 MP4

Posted Jun 21, 2016 11:21 AM

I am still working with Symantec support with this case and at current still no fix - can I ask do you work in education? if so do you also have impero installed?