Network Access Control

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Sep 11, 2010 08:45 AM

Hello Friends,

I have installed DHCP enforcer plugin on windows 2003 standard server. Every thing is working fine but I am facing some issues with "windows 2000 professional SP4" systems. These systems are getting Rejected by DHCP enforcer and getting a subnet mask 255.255.255.255 even they full fill the host intigrity policy reqirement. (SEP is properly installed and AV definition is upto date). In the logs I am getting this message continously "The Symantec client is not currently connected. We will automatically retry the connection and update the status if successful". I have checked the logs at client side and found noting i.e client was passed for host integrity and no log was showing that it was blocked.
    I request you all to provide your suggestion/solutions if any......
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Sep 16, 2010 03:08 AM

Hi Mohit,

Plese install kb 914388 patch on windows 2000 professional systems. It used to check connectivity between client and dhcp server. It will resolved your problem.

Regards,

Milind Y

• 3.  RE: Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Sep 20, 2010 04:01 AM

Hi Milind,

Thanks for your reply,

I have checked the solution provided by you but its not working....

And also facing problem with Windows 7 professional systems as these systems are not getting any IP address (Neither Normal nor Quarentine) even they have latest AV installed and with latest AV definition.

Regards,

Mohit Gupta

• 4.  RE: Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Oct 05, 2010 10:29 PM

Hello Mohit,

Please see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH97435. Hope it helps.

Thanks

Fred

• 5.  RE: Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Oct 06, 2010 12:14 AM

Hi Fred,

Already did that but not working.

Thanks,

Mohit

• 6.  RE: Windows 2000 Professional systems are getting Rejected by DHCP Enforcer (MS Plugin)

Posted Oct 22, 2010 06:43 AM

Hello,

I faced a problem before on a customer for Windows 7 machines.

After i upgraded to Ru6 mp1 both client and manager the problem solved automaticly.

Regards,

Oykun