Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 2003 Server

Posted Nov 20, 2006 06:02 PM
    Hello;

Has anyone installed Ghost Solution Suite 1.1 on a Windows 2003 Server? If so, any problems or installation tips?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Windows 2003 Server

Posted Nov 20, 2006 10:40 PM
    I've had GSS 1.1 running on a few 2003 Server machines for a couple of weeks now. The only issues I've come up with are as follows:

Multiple NICs: Ghost seems to have a problem choosing the right NIC if each client has multiple NICs installed.

Multiple User Accounts: My client machines have multiple user accounts on them, and the Ghost console displays them as separate machines. Sometimes it will display the same computer/username twice or even three times, and I can't figure out why it is doing this (I've posted about this under a separate thread).

Other than that, GSS has worked great for creating/deploying images.

• 3.  RE: Windows 2003 Server

Posted Nov 21, 2006 03:31 AM
    Good to hear, Christopher.

The only issue I can think of off the top of my head on the 32-bit edition of Server 2003 is that for some unknowable reason Microsoft decided to simply remove the non-Unicode version of the DsBrowseForContainer() API in Server 2003. So, you can't browse OUs at all if the console is running on a Server 2003 system.