Video Screencast Help

Windows 7 Migwiz.exe (Migration Wizard)

Created: 06 Aug 2012 | 5 comments

This is both problem and work around.

Windows 7/Vista & SEPM 11

We were using migration wizard (C:\Windows\system32\migwiz\migwiz.exe) to move user content from old pc to new pc

When we import the data on the new PC's, the corporate wireless setting are getting lost.  We found the there are tons of EAPhost.dll errors in the event viewer.

Reinstalling SEPM resolves (almost instantaniously) the corporate wireless settings.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

W007's picture

Hi,

have you block wireless setting by SEP ADC policy ??

 

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

What Version of SEPM are you running?

Did you try Repairing the SEPM OR running the upgrade.bat on the SEPM Machine?

Here are few Suggestions,

  1. Run the upgrade wizard located: 'C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin\upgrade.bat'
  2. Run the Management Server Configuration Wizard 

OR 

Run a Push Deployment Wizard.

Overview of Push Deployment Wizard in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

Hope that helps!!

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

haroldg's picture

Not the same problem I am having.

1.) This user isn't using the Windows 7 migwiz (migration wizard) to move content.
2.) User didn't lose corporate wireless settings
3.) I can re-install SEP and don't need to make any registry changes.

haroldg's picture

I think there is some confusion on the replies.  This isn't the migration wizards for SEP, it the migration wizard for Windows 7 (USMT for small migrations)

SEP Version 11.0.6005.562.  I will be upgrading to 12.1.1 in the next few weeks.

I don't have any block of wireless settings configured.
The old computer and new computer are in the same SEP group so policies are identical.

Rerunnning the MSI from the distribution point fixes the problem.

Moving from Window7 x86 PC's to Windows x64 PC's

 

 

 

bjohn's picture

I don't know if you fixed your issue, but most likey here is your fix. I rant into the same problem with USMT.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/unable-to-connect-to-company-wireless-network/3bcd12b1-a0d8-4357-bded-07da96259920

 

Stupid Symantec. (assuming it's symantec)