Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 04, 2015 05:29 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been dealing with this issue for few weeks now. Everything was fine during the time I was using the ghost standard tools 2.5. I can successfully use the TOSHIBA recovery wizard to bring it back to its factory image. But because of the newer machines and OS are keep on coming I tried the ghost standard tools 3.0 to accomodate the latest versions of OS and drivers. I tried to capture the factory image of toshiba unit and it has HDD recovery partition. It went fine. But when I tried to test the recovery wizard to bring it back to its out-of-the-box state it gave me an error.

Status: 0xc000000e boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

• 2.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 04, 2015 09:45 PM

I suspect the partition order is out of order after the restore.   

are you familiar with the diskpart tool from MS it is on the boot disks.   You can run it before you take the image and then after to list the partitions on a drive and see the order. 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH227894 

Make sure you are using the latest ghost files and consider trying a partition restore if you are seeing an issue with partitions out of order. 

• 3.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 05, 2015 01:26 PM

Hi ICHCB,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion. performed the DISKPART and apparently there's no difference at all. the partitions are exactly the same before and after the capture and pushed the image back. I list all partitions and volumes. nothing is different.

But in windows 8 OS with Ghost standard tools 3.0, the recovery partition works fine in Toshiba. I captured the image then pushed the image back to the unit then after performed the recovery and it works. My only issue for  now is the windows 7. Is there any other solution that you could think of? Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 05, 2015 01:26 PM

Hi ICHCB,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried your suggestion. performed the DISKPART and apparently there's no difference at all. the partitions are exactly the same before and after the capture and pushed the image back. I list all partitions and volumes. nothing is different.

But in windows 8 OS with Ghost standard tools 3.0, the recovery partition works fine in Toshiba. I captured the image then pushed the image back to the unit then after performed the recovery and it works. My only issue for  now is the windows 7. Is there any other solution that you could think of? Thanks in advance.

• 5.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 06, 2015 06:40 AM

Did you also check whether the partitions are hidden equally on both systems? The small boot partition is hidden under Windows 7, and many vendors also hide the recovery partitions.

• 6.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Nov 10, 2015 12:08 PM

yes. All partitions are intact. I tried to isolate the issue and seems like its pointing back to the boot wizard files 3.0. I used the BW 3.0 inside the ghost standard tools 3.0 to create network boot in flash drive Then I captured the image of the brand new Toshiba machine that has factory image intact in it. After capturing the image then I pushed back the image to the unit. Upon performing the recovery to test the out-of-the-box image state(factory image) that's where the issue occurred.  "Status: 0xc000000e boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

Because of that I made an experiment to use the image I captured from the latest boot files created thru boot wizard files 3.0 to the ghost standard tools 2.5 in pushing the image back to the unit. Apparently the version 2.5 has success in pushing images back to computer without any issue in performing the recovery of the factory image.

I'm guessing there's something wrong in the compiling part of the boot.wim file. between bootwizard 2.5 and boot wizard 3.0

is there any fix for this issue I'm encountering? Thanks in advance.

• 7.  RE: Windows 7 wont boot after recovery 0xc000000e

Posted Feb 20, 2016 01:35 PM

I had the same problem last week, to fix it I opened Diskpart and made the problematic partition Active.