Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Windows 8 & PGP Virtual Disks ver 10.2.0

Created: 27 Oct 2012 • Updated: 29 Oct 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I updated my Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit) to Windows 8 (USA English version) today. The Windows 8 installation said PGP Desktop is not compatible and it un-installed it.  My PGP license (10.2.0 (build 2599) (PGP SDK 4.2.1)) is for the WDE, however I only use the PGP Virtual Disk (and not the WDE). Is it safe to re-install PGP 10.2.0 under Windows 8 and mount my PGP Virtual Disks? I don’t want anything to happen to my PGP Virtual Disks.

Thanks for any help,

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Tom Mc's picture

While it may be interesting and helpful to hear the experiences of others with this, please be aware that the current version of PGP Desktop does not have support for Windows 8.

When you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.

Search the Knowledge Base &

lep's picture

I just installed Windows 8 after decrypting WDE with PGP 10.2.1 (Build 4461, PGP SDK 4.2.1).   The only issue I see is that, even though I specified the maximum CPU option) the encryption is taking twice as long.  However, I seem to remember that encryption is slower than decryption?  

z_zk_z's picture

I installed the 10.2.1 (Build 4940) and the PGP Virtual Disk is working like it was under Windows 7. NOTE: I am not using the built-in Windows 8 BitLocker Drive Encryption, which does the function as PGP WDE.

SOLUTION