Windows login prompt pops up when accessing ASP pages on the EV server
Has anyone experienced the problem where you get a Windows authentication login prompt whenever retrieving an ASP page on the EV server. In addition, no user id is accepted and yo u end up getting the 401 HTTP error or access denied. I am getting the login prompt for any of the EV server ASP pages (i.e. http://evserver/EnterpriseVault/search.asp) on both the server itself and when accessed by remote users. Below is a list of the environment and what I have tried so far.
1) EV 6.0 SP2 running Windows 2003 Standard SP1
2) EV Server is a Domain Controller (needs to be for testing purposes)
3) EV service account is a member of Domain Administrators (for testing purposes)
Troubleshooting done so far
1) Added in EV server name and FQDN name to Trusted Sites in Internet Explorer for EV service account.
3) Confirmed DNS records are working properly.
4) Disabled the loopback check.
5) Verified that IIS virtual server on EV server is running Integrated and Basic authentication.
6) Verified permissions on the IIS Virtual Directory on the EVserver.