Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 dont get every patche's

Posted Jun 24, 2011 07:48 AM

Hi,

We have some problems with our Patchmanagment V 6.2.3644. Our Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 server's don't get every Windows and Office Patch that they need.

In the first attachment with the name "Altiris Software Updates.jpg" you can see the installed software updates on our Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 machines.

In the second attachment with the name "MBSA.jpg" you can see the missing Windows Patches. 

I try to find out where the Problem is. I checked our Windows 2008 R2 server's without SP1 and there are a difference.

In the third attachment with the name "Server 2008 R2 vs. SP1" you can see that the "Windows-Softwareversion" object at the path "Softwareverwaltung --> Patch Managment --> Global --> Windows" is missing.

Could that be the problem?

I tried to run every Inventory again but nothing change the object still missing.

If this is not the problem, where else could it be?

Thanks for your time.

Regards Heats_fan

• 2.  RE: Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 dont get every patche's

Broadcom Partner
    Posted Jun 24, 2011 11:36 AM

Hi Heats_fan

Patch Management Version 6.x does not support Windows Server 2008R2 SP1 according to the ITMS Platform Support Matrix: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO9965

NS 6.0 and Patch Management support only Windows Server 2008R2 but you have to be on R13 with your NS Server!

Maybe this is why you are seeing a difference?

Network23

• 3.  RE: Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 dont get every patche's

Posted Jun 24, 2011 01:48 PM

I have found in the past that Symnatec don't always kept thier support matrix up to date.  Documentation for 7.1 is alot better than in the past.  You can always call or email support to see what they say.  I have done that in the past (for a *NIX platform issue) and they say the can't 'officially' support it, but that they do have it working in their environment at that time.

• 4.  RE: Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 dont get every patche's

Broadcom Partner
    Posted Jun 24, 2011 03:44 PM

Maybe you can get it to work, but according to this link and the Product Manager Andrew Bosch it will not be supported:https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/what-supported-windows-2008-r2-sp1

"The 6.x versions do not, and will not, support Server 2008 R2 (any Service Pack level)."