Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target - Deleted

Created: 13 Mar 2013 • Updated: 24 Apr 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

Need help on How do i re- add the "Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target" filter back on to my "Scheduled Push to Computers" policy - which i mistakingly deleted. 

Tried searching for the filter but had no luck in finding it, there is a report that i found but how do i add it to the policy?

SMC 7.1 MP2..

Thanks in advance,

Vik

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

You need to recreate the Target as ERNI > Filter > "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent".

The "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent" filter should be under Filters > Software Filters > Agent and Plug-in Filters.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

SOLUTION
vikod's picture

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for the reply, wanted to know if there is a possibility to get the same kind of filter in place... as in

"Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target"

Thanks,

Vikram

zafar1907's picture

Hi andykn101,

Could you please tell me How to recreate the target step wise.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohammad zafar

Please Mark as solution if this comment solved your Issue....

andykn101's picture

Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Symantec Management Agent > Settings > Symantec Management Agent Install.

Under "Scheduled Push to Computers" select Applied to > Resources.

At the "Select resources" screen click Add rule > Then > exclude resources not in > Filter > "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed"

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.