Video Screencast Help

Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target - Deleted

Created: 12 Mar 2013 • Updated: 24 Apr 2013 | 4 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

Need help on How do i re- add the "Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target" filter back on to my "Scheduled Push to Computers" policy - which i mistakingly deleted. 

Tried searching for the filter but had no luck in finding it, there is a report that i found but how do i add it to the policy?

SMC 7.1 MP2..

Thanks in advance,

Vik

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

You need to recreate the Target as ERNI > Filter > "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent".

The "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent" filter should be under Filters > Software Filters > Agent and Plug-in Filters.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

SOLUTION
vikod's picture

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for the reply, wanted to know if there is a possibility to get the same kind of filter in place... as in

"Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed Target"

Thanks,

Vikram

zafar1907's picture

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/sites/defa...); padding-right: 27px; float: left; margin-right: 3px; font-weight: 700; line-height: 15px; color: rgb(114, 168, 38); text-decoration: none; font-family: helvetica, arial, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; background-position: 100% -60px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">Hi andykn101,

Could you please tell me How to recreate the target step wise.

Thanks and Regards,

Mohammad zafar

Please Mark as solution if this comment solved your Issue....

andykn101's picture

Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Symantec Management Agent > Settings > Symantec Management Agent Install.

Under "Scheduled Push to Computers" select Applied to > Resources.

At the "Select resources" screen click Add rule > Then > exclude resources not in > Filter > "Windows Computers with no Symantec Management Agent Installed"

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.