Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  WinPE 1.5 and Win2003 SP1 CDs download

Posted Jun 28, 2010 02:43 AM

I've given up with FreeDOS.  No mater what I do when bootiing to automation, it always tells me that the "password is invalid" and it can't map the eXpress share.  I've tried different things and I've seen many people having the same problem, the only solution that works for them is to use WinPE so I would like to try it.  I think the problem is due to MS security updates (don't know which one) that prevents DOS from successful authentication.  I'm using DS 6.8 SP2 so I need WinPE 1.5 not 2.1.

I need help finding WinPE 1.5 CD and Win2003 SP1 CD.  Is the Win2003 SP1 referred here the full OS or only the service pack files?  Hope someone can help.  Thanks in advance guys.

• 2.  RE: WinPE 1.5 and Win2003 SP1 CDs download

Posted Jun 28, 2010 05:25 AM

If I recall correctly, WinPE 1.5 isn't freely available and you'll need to download this from your MSDN or higher licensing portal from Microsoft.

You need the full Windows 2k3 SP1 cd, not just SP1.

If at all possible I reccommend you upgrade DS and go for WinPE 2.1.  Its smaller, better and more flexible with newer hardware such as sata.

• 3.  RE: WinPE 1.5 and Win2003 SP1 CDs download
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2010 07:52 AM

SharkSmart, thanks for replying.  A friend helped me to get FreeDOS working.  We had to move the server to a no group policy OU, make changes to security settings and the account used if you select DOS Managed .  This is a tough problem experienced by many admins.  It appears that I don't have to use WinPE right now.  I'm now testing deployment as I type.  Thanks again.

• 4.  RE: WinPE 1.5 and Win2003 SP1 CDs download

Posted Jun 28, 2010 08:33 AM
    Just a reminder: DS 6.8 is out of support.