Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  WinPE2 gets stuck using DAgent 6.9.366

Posted Feb 24, 2009 01:04 AM

After applying the MP1 patch to Altiris DS 6.9 SP1, I cannot do "Quick Disk Image" or "Distribute Disk Image".

My target machines are booting to automation, but Windows PE2 gets stuck when it calls the DAgent 6.9.366. The machines wait indefinitely. The deployment console simply shows them as "Uploading disk image" or "Downloading disk image", with no progress. The job stays like this forever until I delete it, which cancels the job and reboots the target machines.

I have traced this problem to the Altiris DAgent 6.9.366 files in the DS Agents folder. If I remove these files, the pre-boot environment runs normally, using DAgent 6.9.355.

But, I want to maintain the DAgent 6.9.366 in the Agents folder, so that I can push it out to my Vista and Win2008 clients.

Why are the imaging jobs getting stuck using the DAgent 6.9.366 ?
    Also, can I change the agent that WinPe uses by default ?

Hope this make sense,

~Mike~

• 2.  RE: WinPE2 gets stuck using DAgent 6.9.366

Posted Mar 06, 2009 04:05 AM
    I see that you are getting as much response to your issue as I am with my related issue. I'm having almost the same problem, imaging proceeds as normal but then hangs at 100% completed. Rebooting the computer, by hand, finishes the job. The error on the screen is "Unable to Connect with DAgent for Status Updates".

• 3.  RE: WinPE2 gets stuck using DAgent 6.9.366
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2009 12:18 AM

I will continue this on another thread, "Imaging issues with WinPE 2.1 and DS 6.9 SP1" posted by RichC, as it seems to be the same issue.

~Mike~