Video Screencast Help

Wise installation studio 9.02 product guid

Created: 12 Aug 2013 • Updated: 13 Aug 2013 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi there,

I just wanted to ask if Wise installation studio is using some guids for products.. because when I was looking into HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall our product has only text key... it wasn`t guid like: {3F402EA3-E356-460A-99FE-2C2831A37111}

I`m asking for that because it looks like better option to check the guid, if I want to check if soft is installed... like some text in Registry which is more likely to change...

Thanks Dusan

Operating Systems:

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Wise Installation Studio was released a long time before MSI technology started using GUIDs for storing uninstall information. Therefore the information in the Uninstall key is linked to the name you assign for the product and not a GUID.  Normally this would be under HKLM rather than HKCU but both paths are valid.

If you choose a unique name, then that is equivalent to a GUID when it comes to searching for whether an app is installed or not.

Just bear in mind that Wisescript is a 32 bit application and the entries on a 64 bit operating system will be under the SysWow64 subkey when in HKLM.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

SOLUTION