Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

WMIPRVSE.exe causing problems with BE 2012 SP1

Created: 05 Mar 2013 | 4 comments

Hello,

I'm having serious problems with Back up exec 2012 SP1. I cannot make any backup on my WS2008R2 server.

Server: IBM X3500M4 type 7383E4G

Back-up exec 2012 SP1 with

Made a standard installation of back-up exec 2012. activated Liveupdate. SP1 installed and 5 hotfixes of BE2012

Each time i want to edit or make a backupjob I'll have to wait several minutes to complete an edit. When I take a look to the taskmanager,

I can see wmiprvse.exe causing problems.

Whocan please help me??

Thanks,

Jerry

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Go to Add/Remove Programs and repair BE.

Sym-cr@zy's picture

Hello Jerry,

Try this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186084

I would not suggest you to follow the above article without reading it thoroughly. The issue mentioned in this article is different from your issue. However, it will give you an idea to move forward.

Also, would like to add a Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) Article, if it helps you:

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59980

Appreciate every help you get, to help yourself better
                                  & 
      Please mark 'SOLUTION' for the post which resolved your issue.
Jerry Geerts's picture

@pkh and sym-cr@zy: thanks for your replies.

after trying "Add/Remove Programs and repair BE." and take a look to wmi, the problem is still there.

Has anyone more thing I can try???

Please help me...

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry Geerts's picture

Deleted all jobs. Created a new one. In this backupjob I deselected the WMI partition and Systemstate.

More important is the data. This machine is an domaincontroller so Ad is allready being backup'ed on another machine.

But this is still a workaround. I hope Symantec will solve the problem with BE 2012 and WMI. There's stil no solution.

Jerry