Mumbai Security and Compliance User Group

View Only
  • 1.  Wokgroup/Domain tab missing in SEP 12.1

Posted Mar 12, 2012 08:35 AM

Hi,

Till SEP 11.0.7000 version in SEPM client group , view tab in defaulty view option, one tab available with Workgroup/Domain nane. In 12.1 I search all option this is missing. I used to get benefit of this option of systems status  that we can find inof whether system is member of Domain or in Workgroup. This missing tab was helpful to monitor systems status of Domain or workgroup log on . And further act to joint these in Domain if any missing.

Any suggestion that we can find the systems status whether its part of Domain or Workggoup on SEP 12.1?

Ajay singh

• 2.  RE: Wokgroup/Domain tab missing in SEP 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2012 08:59 AM

right click on computer and edit properties shows the system is workgroup or domain

or you can run the query select * from sem_computer and export into excel and look for the details for client being part of workgroup or the domain,

• 3.  RE: Wokgroup/Domain tab missing in SEP 12.1

Posted Mar 12, 2012 10:01 AM

I agree. Domain/Workgroup field is missing on 12.1 under default view. You can follow the steps mentioned by Pete and also you can post this problem in ideas so that Symantec may correct this (add Domain/Workgroup field) in the next release.

• 4.  RE: Wokgroup/Domain tab missing in SEP 12.1

Posted Apr 07, 2012 05:06 AM

Hi pete,

pls suggest me the details option as u suggeted above. in 11.0 in default view in one tab option was workgroup/Domain, explain how in 12.1 pls

Regards,

• 5.  RE: Wokgroup/Domain tab missing in SEP 12.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2012 09:43 AM

im not clear on your question :-(

the tab is missing in SEP 12.1 RU 1, you have to click on each individual client and click on properties to view ( which is tedious) or you need to run the query 'select * from sem_computer' and export into excel and look for the details for client being part of workgroup or the domain,