Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Workflow Pointfix updates for Servicedesk 7.1.1 WAY out of date

Created: 25 Feb 2013 | 4 comments

As one of the few people still running 7.1.1 occasionally I get ported hotfix updates from symantec support.  However when I ask them for a changelog or documentation on exactly what is contained in the hotfix I cannot get anything.  This is both frustrating and scairy.  If you don't know what's in your hotfix, how can you expect me to implement it??

Anyway, I would appreciate any help workflow developers can help me with my issue.

Operating Systems:

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

reecardo's picture

If you've applied a Workflow rollup for 7.1 SP1 (I'm assuming thats what you meant by 7.1.1), your assembly version numbers will look like 7.1.1401.*. 7.1.1400 was SP1 initial release, and 1401 is the rollup.

Rollups are meant to be collections of fixes that Workflow customers can apply over and over (via a standard Workflow install/upgrade) to get the latest batch of fixes, if they choose.

If you could tell me a case number or describe the issue you're looking to see fix, I can check the codebase and definitively see if it's in the latest rollup.

GrahamSD's picture

I have applied 7.1.1 servicepack 1 with rollup 2.  My workflow manager is currently sitting at 7.1.1401.59.  In december I received another hotfix or pointfix file from symantec support.  I asked for a changelog or update log for the file and one could not be provided.  I now cannot get it approved to be installed..

Job Security is not being the only one who knows what you do.

TGiles's picture

I've attached a list of all changes that I show being included in the SP1 rollup through December 2012. 

Unfortunately the Workflow 7.1 SP1 rollup builds did not change the build # information for the installer, so the specific version information isn't available for any version created before January 2013.

Edited: Fixed the attached document issue.

AttachmentSize
sp1 rollup.doc 26 KB
GrahamSD's picture

The file now works.  Thank you.

Job Security is not being the only one who knows what you do.