Video Screencast Help

Workspace Virtualization svscmd.exe 1010 error

Created: 24 Sep 2012 | 4 comments

Hi All,

I want to import a layer from  server location. I have created a batch file to import the layer. Its works fine when I run it directly. But if I try to call that batch file using lotus mail link, the batch file runs without fail but svscmd creates error 1010 (Archive exract error). I also tried by calling using shortcut of the batch file from the mail. My idea is to distribute the layer to all user.

Note: This is not failing on all system, its works fine for some users who are also have same kind of access like others. 

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Can you post a copy of the batch file?

Since it is working on some systems but not others, I suspect that the underlying problem is system related rather than specific to SWV.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

rokr_13's picture

Actually if you run that batch file manually its working fine for every body... I also tried to created a exe using wise script and its also not working when its called from lotus notes mail. 

Nirmal R's picture

User context issue?

I suspect a context problem. It appears if you run in the current user context it works but, when spawned thru' batch file automatically it does not run in the same user context. If there is a way to switch to current user context and execute the batch that way, you may be successful. Let us know if it works this way.

EdT's picture

It sounds as if the lotus notes mail call is not running the batch file in the context of the current user. If it is a service driven process then it may be running as the local system account, which does not have a user profile.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.