Video Screencast Help
Scheduled Maintenance: Symantec Connect is scheduled to be down Saturday, April 19 from 10am to 2pm Pacific Standard Time (GMT: 5pm to 9pm) for server migration and upgrade.
Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this might cause.

The XML returned for the treeview is not as expected. (500)

Created: 13 Jan 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I receive this message when trying to open a document in an archived email in a vault other than mine that I have been given access to. I am using Outlook 2003 and we use Enterprise Vault 7.5 for Exchange. Thank you.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

GertjanA's picture

Hello,

When I ran into this, I found that a reset of IIS helped out initially. On the vaultserver that has the mailbox, open a command prompt, type 'iisreset' enter. This stops and starts the webserver. If necessary, stopping/starting EV services might help also. Additionally, check the index of the specific archive (rightclick archive, properties, index, rightclick on the index, rebuild)

I believe that resolves the issue. If not, also try running EVResetclient (on the local workstation)

Gertjan

Thank you, Gertjan, MCSE, MCITP,MCTS, SCS, STS
Company: www.t2.nl

www.quadrotech-it.com

www.symantec.com/vision

SOLUTION
e_connect's picture

Hello,

i had the same issue.

This is what I did to resolve it
1. check event logs for direction

2. Check if services are running

3 Check if Authentication on services are correct

4 Check if Space is available

5 Check if All vault directories are available and/or accessible

6 Check SQL if Evault directories are online and accessible

My issue was SQL services and resources appears to be online but was not. I did a service restart within SQL Management which resolved the issue.

A last restart of the Evault services is required to reset the Evault application.

Good luck

Cheers