Vidéos d'aide de Screencast

BE2010 IDR Disk config issue

Created: 23 Mai 2013 • Updated: 23 Mai 2013 | 2 comments

Hi,

I'm running a win 2003 server with BE2010 inc IDR.

The backup is set to backup the whole server and appears to complete 100% every run. The problem seems to be if I try to carry out a full bare-metal IDR test restore.

I can boot from the tape, select the .dr file, when attempting to format the drives  "D:\" fails and doesn't restore any data to it, restores C:\ without issue, I can't format it from within the IDR boot using Disk Management as that errors.

I notice when running the IDR wizard on the live server the 'Disk Configuration Report' at the end shows Drive = D formatted as both FAT & NTFS where as C:\ is only NTFS.

I think this is where my issue lays but I cannot find any info on a resolution. The OS sees D:\ as a NTFS Partition.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks

Edit - altered BE version number to correct version

Operating Systems:

Commentaires CommentairesAccéder au dernier commentaire

l'image des pkh

If you are using BE 2012, then you are using SDR.  IDR is only for BE 2010 and below.

You can restore the D: drive after you have brought up the server.  The important thing is to restore the C: drive, shadow copy component and the system state before rebooting the restored server.

l'image des Ali_Bruce

Hi pkh,

You're correct, it's 2010 we're using NOT 2012. apologies.

I am able to restore D:\ once the server is back up and running but if possible would like to rectify the issue as it would make the whole process more user friendly.

Thanks