Vidéos d'aide de Screencast
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Exchange 2013 CU2 InfoStore Backup

Created: 07 Mars 2014 • Updated: 12 Mars 2014 | 8 comments
Ce problème a été résolu. Voir la solution.

Hi People,

i am just have a Exchange Informationstore Backup which is not longer running since 23.02.2014.

We havent changed on that weekend anything. The job was running one day bevor without any problems.

Environment:
Backup Exec 2012 V14 1798.1300 on Windows 2008 R2 SP1
Exchange 2013 Version 15.0 ?(Build 712.22) on Windows 2012

there is also running a Backup via Acronis without any Problems. (Before and after the 23.02.2014)

On the 23.02.2014 the Log of the Backup Exec shows the following errors:
 - Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "Microsoft Information Store". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11235 - VSS Snapshot-Fehler. Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) kann keine Verbindung mit den Writers herstellen. Überprüfen Sie, ob Volume Shadow Copy Service gestartet wurde und ob in der Windows Ereignisanzeige diesen Dienst betreffende Fehler vorliegen.

- Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "Microsoft Information Store". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

V-79-10000-11235 - VSS Snapshot-Fehler. Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) kann keine Verbindung mit den Writers herstellen. Überprüfen Sie, ob Volume Shadow Copy Service gestartet wurde und ob in der Windows Ereignisanzeige diesen Dienst betreffende Fehler vorliegen.

Sichern - Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "System?State". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Ive restarted the whole VSS Services, but it doesnt helped. Also a reboto of the whole server brings a solution.

Ive excluded now the Backup from the Information Store from the normal Backup and made for the Informationstore Backup another job.

The GRT Options are not enabled on that job. Ive tried also the InfoStore Backup without the AOFO Options without any result.

At the moment i get the following errors:
V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "Microsoft Information Store". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

I hope anyone can help me to find a solution.

Operating Systems:

Commentaires CommentairesAccéder au dernier commentaire

l'image des sidd3009

Hello,

You might want to refer to the following link: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH78233 .

The above link is for Exchange 2007 but should be valid for Exchange 2013 as well. 

Please ensure that you use "System - Use Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" to force the Microsoft VSS provider. After that, run a Full backup again. 

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
Advanced Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation 
www.symantec.com

l'image des jwork

Hello and thansk for the fast reply.

I've found that posting before i opened my one. I checked that already, but checked it again and ran a Full Backup. But the error still comes:

V-79-57344-34070 - Snapshot: Initialisierungsfehler auf: "Microsoft Information Store". Snapshot: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

l'image des jwork

Only Exchange 2013 CU1 is supported by Backup Exec 2012 yet. A New Version which support CU2 and CU3 is in developer state, but not released yet.

I've got this information from a call with the Samyntec Support.

So if the Backup works with Exchange 2013 CU2/CU3 you can be happy, if not you have to wait for the new release.

SOLUTION
l'image des Dirk Ehlers

What is the state of your Microsoft Exchange Writer (vsssadmin list writers) ?

l'image des jwork

The Microsoft Exchange Writer isnt showing under the writers or under the providers.

l'image des sidd3009

Hi, I just wanted to you let you know that Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 4 has been released which supports Exchange 2013 CU3. Please try installing it and then check the backups/restores. 

Reference: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH212772

Regards,

Siddhant Saini
Advanced Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation 
www.symantec.com

l'image des Dirk Ehlers

FYI:

VSS writer changes in Exchange 2013
Exchange 2013 introduces a significant change from the VSS writer architecture
used in Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2007. These earlier versions of Exchange
included two VSS writers: one inside the Microsoft Exchange Information Store
service (store.exe) and one inside the Microsoft Exchange Replication service
(msexchangerepl.exe). In Exchange, the VSS writer functionality previously found
in the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service has been moved to the Microsoft
Exchange Replication service. The new writer, which is named Microsoft Exchange Writer,
is now used by Exchange-aware VSS-based applications to back up active and passive
database copies, and to restore backed up database copies. Although the new writer runs
in the Microsoft Exchange Replication service, it requires the Microsoft Exchange
Information Store service to be running for the writer to be advertised.
As a result, both services are required to back up or restore Exchange databases.

Maybe you need to restart both services (Information Store / Replication).
Try the Replication service first (i think after users work time)
Then you should see something like this:

Writer name: 'Microsoft Exchange Writer'
Writer Id: {76fe1ac4-15f7-4bcd-987e-8e1acb462fb7}
Writer Instance Id: {91b78992-a8e0-4747-bdeb-717d874e5a50}
State: [1] Stable
Last error: No error

l'image des jwork

I have now installed the SP 4 für Backup Exec.

Also checked the vssadmin writers on the Exchange Server, there where no "Microsoft Exchange Writer" listed. After i restartet the Replication Service the "Microsoft Exchange Writer" was showing up.

So i tryed a backup of the Information Store, and it worked. I hope this situation is now stable.