Vidéos d'aide de Screencast

LiveUpdate encountered one or more errors. Return code = 4

Created: 22 Nov. 2012 • Updated: 03 Juin 2013 | 9 comments
Ce problème a été résolu. Voir la solution.

Hi,

All in a sudden my SEPM 12.1 RU1 MP1 causing an error in the Liveupdate ?

I have tried to follow the steps in: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103112

to do the following:

Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1

  1. Open a command window, then browse to:
    C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin
  2. Type lucatalog -cleanup and press Enter.
  3. Type lucatalog -forcedupdate and press Enter.
  4. Run LiveUpdate to verify that there are no errors.

If the error persists, examine Log.LiveUpdate for more detailed information or error codes.

but somehow it is still failed?

Commentaires CommentairesAccéder au dernier commentaire

l'image des John Santana

Hm.. I was confused but glad today since the reboot has solved the problem seems to be.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

l'image des John Santana

Actually I didn't do anything else, just issue ing Start | run

"luall" then its all working manually.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

l'image des Ashish-Sharma

HI,

 above steps haven't resolved your issue.

Could you upload the Log.liveupdate from

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate

Also Check this thread

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-liveupdate-encountered-one-or-more-errors-return-code-4

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

SOLUTION
l'image des John Santana

Yes after the reboot, the Live update went fine with LUALL, and now the whole company got the latest update ?

taht is very strange :-|

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.

SOLUTION
l'image des Glenn Jacobs

We had the same problem. Its because (we think) the autoupdate is triggered bij the systemuser. So its use the SYSTEM account. When you do it manually it use the account thats logged in.

How we solved this:

We use a proxy to acces the internet. So we let all traffic from our SEPMserver to "*.symantec.com" through our proxy without user authentication.

this solved it. Offcourse we still need to point to our proxy in our configuration.

If you don't use any proxy authentication, then this will not help you i think.

SOLUTION
l'image des John Santana

Glenn,

Many thanks forthe advice, I am using proxy for sure.

Kind regards,

John Santana
IT Professional

--------------------------------------------------

Please be nice to me as I'm newbie in this forum.