Recovering Exchange 2010 to new hardware.
We are a small company.
I have Exchange 2010 running on 2008 R2 server and we have about 50 mailboxes.
One of the RAID 1 drives has failed and will not rebuild no matter what I do.
We have bought new hardware where we are going to move Exchange. I would like the new server to have the same name, ip address, etc.
The full backups of my Exchange 2010 with the SDR setting turned on are 44 GB for the OS and 29 GB for the Metadata-Index-Catalog
The jobs complete successfully everytime.
I plan to perform these steps
- Stop all Exchange services
- Run full backup with SDR done
- Shutdown and disconnect current Exchange server from network.
- Boot the SDR DVD on the new Server
- 'Recover' the the OS and Exchange 2010
- Start all Exhange Services
- Hope that this will work.
Can anyone tell me if this will work or have a better suggestion on how to accomplish this?