Vision Barcelona Ideas Competition - Mobile Phone App
My idea for the Symantec Vision User Conference is the following:
An iPhone/iPad/Android/other mobile phone App, that users can download for their mobile phone!
Important is, that ALL users should benefit from the application, including users that are unable to visit the conference!
The App should at least have the following features:
- The ability for people that can't visit to follow what's going on!
- The ability to make photo's/video's on the conference that get auto published on a blog webpage for the conference
- The ability to see (Live?) video streams of conferences including details of speaker, subject etc
- The ability to download ebooks/presentations of the conference
- The ability to scan a barcode on badges (using the built in camera) to enable users to quickly exchange company details and gain valuable contacts
- The ability for standholders/partners to scan barcodes of visitors, so they obtain details (For follow ups etc)
- The ability to edit ones contact details on a central server which can be shared by sending email or using the barcode method
- A interactive map of the building the conference is held (Showing what activity is when, where and how to get there)
- The ability to see al conferences and choose which conferences one wants to visit including alerting & routing (Conference planning)
- A viewable itinerary that shows which conferences are planned
- Ideas for going out at night in the conference town after the conference is over for the day
- Hotel/accomodation lists in the conference town
- Push Notifications for room changes/time changes for the conferences
- Push Notifications if you are on a waiting list for a lab etc
- The ability to reuse the App for new events
- The ability to send Tweets!
- The ability to use FaceBook and other social networks (LinkedIn etc)
- etc etc
I hope you like my idea and vote for it ofcourse!