Altiris licensing.symantec.com improvement request
Hello Symantec « Licensing »,
We do have some trouble our customer to correctly setup the Altiris Licenses.
As Altiris license specialists know, we need to merge all the cumulated CMS, before being able to apply them.
E.g. If y a customer have 450 and buy 50 CMS additional licenses.
If the customer apply the latest 50 CMS clients ZIP you send to them, as is, the result are:
- Customer with 450 active clients on Symantec Management Platform falls on a maximum of 50, instead of up to 500!
- Customers are not happy because getting a major dysfunction the Management Platform,
- Customers feel Symantec was providing bad ZIP file,
- Customers feel Symantec is really not providing simple and reliable process to manage licenses.
What we do for helping our customers, and helping Symantec customer’s satisfaction:
- We build proposal with longest time for joining the end update date the same.
- This simplifies customer life, with a single renewal order, good start.
- We propose to help them using their “licensing.symantec.com” portal, with them to train or out task this operation for them
- For merging the required licenses
- But not all our customer subscribes our continuous support contract to do that for each of them.
So, it is not enough.
If we correctly have 2 serials, 450 + 50, with the same end date.
We need now you, Symantec, automatically join the 2 SERIALs as only one for 500.
This will greatly simplify customer and our life.
I suggest Symantec be able to detect those automatically and propose MERGING serials a single one, instead of force customers to “MERGE” using the so “nice” http://Licensing.Symantec.com