Automatic offsite backup replication
Currently the only option to get a backup offsite without physically carrying the disk out the building is copying.
I dont consider this efficient, as all data is copied (instead of the delta) and it's not suited for the WAN/Internet. And SFTP copy? Really?
Replication techniques are widely available (even within Symantec portfolio) to efficiently replicate changed data over a WAN link.
Replication of the backup using techniques
- optimized for WAN usage, efficient use of lower bandwidth/higher latency
- resume/retry after downtime of the connection
- seperate scheduling for offsite copying
- scheduled throttling for bandwidth
- giving insight in replication process
- seeding option to get the bulk data offsite
- cloud connectors for main suppliers (ie. Amazon/Azure)
Or just take a look at what the competitors offer in this respect.