Disabled DLO users & computers from generates large number of DLO ALERTS.
We are using Backup Exec 2010 R3 DLO and I tested DLO 7.0 both versions having same issue, generating alerts on disabled users and computers. We are disabling user or computer accounts on following scenarios.
1. At the time of termination we are disabling user and computer account for 90 days.
2. Changing desktop or laptops. In this case also we are keeping old machine's backup folder for 90 days
3. Employees going for long leave
4. Employees moving from one location to another location (Having separate Backup Exec servers in each location).
My suggestion on enhance DLO following ways.
1. Stop generation of alerts on disabled user or computer object.
2. Add some options while deleting user or computer object.
a. Decrypt and keep network data folder.
b. Pointing to restore and keep data folder to an alternate location.
For Satmetrix IT