Enhancement request - NBU
Many times being asked by customers especially for VMware backups configured via SAN. Customer were confused seeing LAN as transport despite traffic flowing over SAN.
Why can't NBU updates these minor changes when it has so many broad range of features to offer. It is best of breed, but still lacks. Following are few enhancement request i'd like to put up from operation and GUI perspective.
- Show correct progress bar for all operation on all policy types (Backup exec does this but not NBU)
- Show remaining tape capacity
- Show correct transport mode in job activity monitor (LAN, NDB, NBDSSL, SAN, FT, ETC.)
- Once we choose SAN as transport medium, let policy validate pre-requisite check and update backup admin if anything is missing or not
- Pre-checker for GRT configuration to minimize errors (backup and restore) This would also avoid running multiple test jobs to get ensured whatever is configured is perfect.
- Improve backup report retrieval naming convention (let it be actual file name, rather than pre-postfix with nbu identification)
- Simplify NBAC