Functionality differences in current versions of Oracle DataGuard agent
I'm currently implementing several clusters on different platforms (mainly Solaris and AIX). The common configuration points of all of them are:
- Oracle 11g R2 and Data Guard configured (non-RAC)
- No shared storage
- VCS 6.0.3 with the latest relevant agents form SORT
By customer requirements we need to use the DataGuard Broker agent to manage the database replication in all the clusters, but the currently available version, as of 2014-06-09, of the AIX agent (188.8.131.52) does not support using the broker agent in a non-RAC configuration, as opposed to the Solaris version (184.108.40.206), that includes the necessary functionality.
Now, the questions are:
- Why the AIX version of agent does not currently support DG Broker in non-RAC configuration?
- Is this functionality on the development roadmap for the agent?
- If the answer to the previous question is "yes", is there an expected release date for the updated agent?