How to do Bandwidth limiting use a AD QOS GPO
Created: 12 Oct 2011 | 2 comments
With SEPM 12.1 we lost the ability to rate limit in Apache like we did in IIS. Their is a way to accomplish without using the mod_bw if your running Windows 2008 R2 (earlier versions may work) and an AD GPO.
- Create an OU for this.
- Create a GPO in that OU.
- Go to Computer configuration, Policies, Windows Settings, Policy-based QoS.
- Right click and do Create new policy.
- I have two SEPMs so I made the following rules based on one needing 112KBps and the other 400KBps with the local network having no limits. The 192.168.0.10-11 are the SEPM IPs and 192.168.0.0/24 is the local network.
|Policy Name||Application Name or URL||Protocol||Source Port||Destination Port||SourceIP/Prefix Length||Destination IP/ Prefix Length||DSCP Value||Throttle Rate|
- Once done move your SEPMs into the OU
- gpupdate /force
- gpreport /R
- Verify the GPO applied
- You can test downloading full defs manually by specifing the download path to a full def from the local network and from outside the network if you have a valid path. Example below.