Update Retention Category on Existing Archived Items
This idea is in reference to following post/forum we were having today:
Problem Statement: If we change retention category on particular folder in user mailbox (suppose inbox), the new retention is only applied on newly archived items. To stamp existing items with new retention category we've to either:
- Change existing retention category itself, but we cannot do that because we want other folders to follow same old retention category.
- Export and re-import items into user mailbox with option "remote items from archive" but it'll be lot of work considering there are thousands of users approximately.
- Move items into different folder which has new retention category stamped on it and task controller synchronizes the moved items with new retention category accordingly.
- Run complex SQL querues to change retention category ID in dbo.Saveset/Archive table for each user on per folder basis which is again too complicated and lengthy process.
- Rely on third party vendor solution (like Oracle) for making change on retention category of already archived items.
Considering needs of changing compliance policies in different countries, it becomes hard to follow any of above point when the need or requirement comes.
It should be helpful for various organizations and administrators if this feature already came in-build or in the box with Enterprise vault.
Thank You !
P.S. Please ignore if this idea is already been submitted under different subject line.