Incompatibility between BESR LOR and Altiris Deployment Solution
1. Install BESR 9.0.2 (O.S. irrelevant).
2. Install the LOR. LOR adds boot menu for 10 seconds to choose LOR or Windows
OS). Boot machine to test LOR is working correctly.
3. On same machine, install Altiris DS automation folder, which installs in the
same “BOOT” directory as LOR.
4. Reboot the machine and the LOR menu option is no longer available.
5. Uninstall LOR. This not only removes LOR but also the DS automation BOOT folder.
6. With both removed, reverse the order of installation by installing DS
automation folder, then LOR.
7. Note that LOR works fine but the machine will not boot into the DS automation
Customers experiencing this issue are encouraged to contact Symantec Technical Support as data is still being collected to assist in resolving this issue.