When setting up a Run Backup Policy task in BESRMS, the Advanced button is not available.
In BESRMS 2010, do the following:
1. Create a backup policy under manage tasks, independent recovery point will
work and no schedule is needed. The policy will need to be assigned to the
server you are testing with.
2. Under Monitor tasks create a new task under "Backup Exec System recovery
3. Select "Run backup Policy" from the task list under "backup Exec System
4. Select the policy from step 1 and hit okay
5.Click on the newly created task in the list and under "Task Status" click
on "Quick Run"
6. Expand the drop down in the popup and select the server you are testing with
then hit Run.
If the job takes longer then 30 minutes to run it will cancel itself.
This is due to the Advanced button not being available in the "Run Backup
Policy" task which is where the Run Time can be set longer than the default 30
A supported hotfix has been made available for this issue. Please contact Symantec Technical Support to obtain this fix. This hotfix has not yet gone through any extensive Q&A testing. Consequently, if you are not adversely affected by this problem and have a satisfactory temporary workaround in place, we recommend that you wait for the public release of this hotfix