NDMP Tape drive configuration
Does anybody have an informative document on how to configure NDMP drives. The robot is connected to the master server(along with other tape drives) and 4 tape drives are zoned to the Netapp. (tpautoconf -probe shows 4 tape drives). The SSO section in nbu NDMP admin guide is crude and does not explain properly.
Specifically I am looking for:-
1) In the guide(page 76 for 7.5 version) they show media server "ice" and "sky". Is one of them a Master server and other a media server ?
- Which one to choose and why? do I choose master server(e.g- ice) assuming that it has the robot zoned to it or "sky"?(I have 10's of media servers in the environment and I doubt i need to select all)
- e.g, In the diagram why has "sky" also been checked if that has nothing to do with NDMP drives?
2) Next I check NDMP option as "optional devices to be scanned". (understood)
3) Next screen shows NDMP server.
- If i go through the wizard, will this also reconfigure my other devices too on the master server(ice) as it has been selected?
I dont want to reconfigure all of my master server devices, I only need to add the additional NDMP drives.
Any proper document for this process would be very helpful.
Thanks and Regards,