SFHA Solutions 6.0.1: Using the vxdisk list command to display status and to recover from errors on Veritas Volume Manager disks
You can use the Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) vxdisk list command to display the devices visible to VxVM, their current disk formats, corresponding disk groups if any, and their status, whether online or failing. You can also display additional attributes, including media types, thin provisioning properties, and transport protocol type.
For information on using the vxdisk list command for displaying status and for recovering from errors on VxVM disks, see:
- About recovery from hardware failure
- Clearing the failing flag on a disk
- Reattaching failed disks
- Cleaning up the system configuration
- Clearing the udid_mismatch flag for non-clone disks
For troubleshooting scenarios and solutions for using the vxdisk list command, see:
- TECH7407 - What to do when vxdisk list shows status of online dgdisabled
- TECH51687 - udid_mismatch error for shared disks in vxdisk list output
vxdisk (1M) 6.0.1 manual pages:
vxdisk (1M) manual pages for other releases can be found on the SORT website.
You can also find information about the vxdisk list command in the PDF versions of the following guides:
- Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions Troubleshooting Guide
- Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability Installation Guide
- Veritas Storage Foundation Cluster File System High Availability Administrator's Guide
Veritas Storage Foundation and High Availability documentation for other platforms and releases can be found on the SORT website.